Bacon – the basic recipe
Basic bacon recipe – this is the standard at our house here at the farm. Start with a thawed pack of our uncured bacon. If your bacon is frozen, you can thaw it rather quickly in a cool water bath.
- preheat oven* to 375
- spread uncured bacon in a single layer on a baking sheet
- sprinkle salt, pepper and a touch of garlic powder on bacon**
- bake for 8-10 minutes
- turn bacon over, season the other side
- bake another 8-10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- If you like your bacon sweet, add a sprinkle of brown sugar, maple syrup or honey during the last 2 minutes of cooking
- save the drippings for cooking your eggs or potatoes!
*If you prefer to cook your bacon on the stovetop in a skillet, use medium-low heat.
**Variations: sprinkle on chipotle or smoked paprika too! Use any dried herb or spice you like to create your own favorites.